Sport Whanganui is proud to be managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in our region.
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa provides funding for programmes or projects delivering play, active recreation and sport experiences for tamariki and rangatahi. These may be new or already operating.
We know from research that there are some groups who are more at risk of missing out or being less active, including those living with a disability, in higher deprivation communities and girls and young women. Programmes or projects that reach these groups will be prioritised for funding.
We welcome applications from a wide range of groups and organisations NOW!
Who can apply?
Please use the diagram below to see if you are eligible to apply.
If you want to apply but do not have legal status, we recommend you consider partnering with a qualifying (legal) entity.
|Examples of who can apply:||Examples of who cannot apply:|
|· Hapū, Iwi, Marae, Māori organisations
· Primary/Intermediate schools/Kura
· Secondary schools/Wharekura
· Tertiary Education/Whare Wānanga
· Charitable Trusts
· Regional or Local Councils
· Incorporated Societies
· For-profit businesses/commercial organisations and social enterprises
|· National organisations who already receive Partnership Investment from Sport NZ
· Government agencies and their regional branches (e.g. Ministry of Health, Oranga Tamariki)
· Early Learning Services
· Professional or semi-professional sports teams and organisations
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery
- Delivery staff wages (e.g. activity leader, coordinator)
How much can I apply for?
The amount of funding we have allocated for our region, including information on funding rounds and how much you can apply for will be available here from late August 2020. Please note that your application must be for a programme or project for up to 12 months (i.e. you cannot apply for costs past a 12-month delivery period).
How can I apply?
Before starting your application please read the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Community Guidelines and the documents under ‘More information’.
To apply please click here!
2020 Tū Manawa funding rounds in Whanganui Region:
• Applications under $10,000.00 close 30th September 2020
• Applications over $10,000.00 close 31st October 2020
• Applications under $10,000.00 close 30th November 2020
If you have any questions, please email us on email@example.com or call on 06 349 2320.
Please read the documents below to understand everything you need to know before applying: